Forbes published an article about Content Marketing tips from world’s top marketers, about proven ways to drive sales & leads. Grateful to be mentioned among BS free, action oriented individuals and how they are making a dent in Content Marketing around the world :) Here’s the excerpt from the article.
Strive to be relevant. Make your content share-worthy.
Chopra shares that
“content must be made for low attention spans, responsive to tiny mobile screens, drive conversations, and prioritize storytelling over production value”.
He makes a good point in adding that “when your content is share-worthy, you beat the platforms at their own game, saving on distribution, making the message so powerful that everyone becomes a messenger spreading your content like wildfire”. The longer we stay relevant in their lives, the higher the sales numbers. And with cheaper phone and data, videos are exploding everywhere.
Chopra recommends asking yourself: “Why would anyone share it?”
Over last three years, Chopra has done tireless experiments and created five buckets of share-worthy content, every option backed by millions of organic views:
- Inspirational: Inspirational content is a tall order, but one that has got us the biggest success.
- Useful: Making an obsessive list about users’ pain points and finding ways to creatively solve those in a video. Audience with similar pain points, tend to share with their peers.
- Celebrate their life: All the pain points we can’t solve, we celebrate, creating relatable content.
- Topical: Creating content which news-jacks global breaking news and gives the users a vehicle to share their sentiments.
- Change the world: When we create content which creates an authentic impact in the world, be it an act of kindness or making a difference with tiny actions, everyone becomes a messenger of that idea and brand becomes a conduit in celebrating that.
“Remember, views can be bought, but shares are earned, and when shares start snowballing, that’s when magic happens,” says Chopra.
— end of excerpt —